[Snort-users] (http\_inspect) NON-RFC DEFINED CHAR

CMartin at ...9696... CMartin at ...9696...
Tue Dec 30 08:28:15 EST 2003

Well, I checked out what I could.  Non-RFP Defined CHAR is a warning that
the new http_inspect gives you.  Quote from manual: "For instance, a user
may not want to see NULL bytes in the request-URI" (also known as URL) "and
we can give an alert on that."  In the http_inspect configuration you can
define what characters to look for.  Also you can tell the http inspect
processor to alert when this (and other http_inspect warnings) occur.

I suggest checking out the new documentation for snort 2.1.0.. VERY
interesting and awesome new features added with snort2.1.0!

GREAT WORK SNORT TEAM!

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Hess [mailto:martin_zh at ...1171...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 1:29 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] (http\_inspect) NON-RFC DEFINED CHAR

Hi!

I have just installed Snort 2.1 on FBSD 4.9... but now I receive a lot of

"(http\_inspect) NON-RFC DEFINED CHAR"

alerts. Does anyone could give me a hint about this?? I'm not shure if I've
specified the right unicode for my http-servers, cause I cannot find the
ms_unicode application!

regards,
martin, switzerland