[Snort-users] Win32 Error: service is not responding to the control function

michaels at ...10847... michaels at ...10847...
Tue Dec 30 07:54:37 EST 2003

I don't know if it's a bug or not as I have yet to see a post on this error:

Running 2.0.6 b100 and 2.1.0 b09 as a service causes Snort to throw this
error:

--------------------\

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>net start snort

The service is not responding to the control function.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2186.

Left Chris a note but haven't heard back from him. Has anyone else had this
problem?

Both run fine as long as the service is not used, and 205 runs fine as a
service.

Kindest regards,

The WINSNORT.com Management Team

mailto:support at ...9077...