[Snort-users] Snort - mysql configuration missing mysql.h header files

obelknobe 1 obelknobe at ...125...
Tue Dec 30 07:54:33 EST 2003

I am attempting to install snort with mysql/acid and can't seem to get past
this missing file while configuring Snort with the MySql configuration..

I am using a hard-disk install of Knoppix 3.3 and have tried the apt-get
installs for the software shopping list provided by Snort with no luck. I
also tried removing all the packages already installed and then used the
checkinstall to directly reinstall all the .gz files. I have
'googled-is-my-friend' and searched all the Debian archives for mysql.h and
found several suggestion, but none of them worked. Snort, without the mysql
configuration, as well as PHP, Apache, and MySql all seem to work fine as
stand alone packages.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

:::Watkins:::