[Snort-users] Snort 2.1 Problems with unicode.map

STEPHEN W. COREY - 5535 swc at ...10595...
Tue Dec 30 07:00:05 EST 2003

I found the unicode.map file in the "snort-2.1.0/etc" directory of the
source tree. I copied that to the rules directory and the error went
away. I *ALSO* had to copy the threshold.conf to the rules dir, becuase
it gave an error there when the unicode error went away.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Mark
Totsch
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 3:56 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort 2.1 Problems with unicode.map

I have the same problem as noted below with line 285 (redhat 9 and the
unicode.map issue) Should this file be standard on a Redhat install? I
can't seem to find the file anywhere on my install. Thanks

CONFIDENTIAL
This message, including any attachments, may contain privileged or
confidential information and is intended only for the named addressee.
Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the
intended addressee is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to
this message and then delete it from your system.
transmitted by this email.