[Snort-users] Snort, SuSE, Novell and Ximian

Steve Knoch sknoch at ...7864...
Mon Dec 29 12:06:02 EST 2003

Sorry for the late reply.... Was out last week.

I'm not a Novell employee either, but we are a Novell shop. Currently running snort on Rhat7.3 and Rhat9 with MySQL, ACID and Snortcenter.  I would like to move away from Rhat to SUSE v9.  I haven't tried running snort on SUSE yet but plan to give it a shot. It would be great also to get ACID, MySQL running on NetWare.

Steve

>>> "Jerry Shenk" <jshenk at ...514...> 12/21/03 09:50PM >>>
I'm not a Novell employee but I am an MCNE so I'm also quite interested
in getting Snort running on SuSE.  I've typically done Snort/MySQL/ACID
and SHADOW on RH7-9.  I suppose getting it running on SuSE wouldn't be a
big deal but I haven't tried that yet.

Say, you weren't in the firewall track at SANS in D.C. in July of this
year were you?