[Snort-users] CyberKit 2.2 Ping, its driven me Nuts..

Alexander Hampel alexanderhampel at ...2792...
Mon Dec 29 11:56:03 EST 2003

I use a custom cron script, that checks every minute for CyberKit 2.2 alerts originating from within our Class B network. It gets the MAC address of the offending PC through 'nbtscan', and sends popup warning messages to the offender via 'smbclient -M'. It further logs the offending PC's NetBIOS name, IP, MAC, and sends out a text page via 'mailto', so the antivirus team can take care of the infected PC.

External Cyberkit 2.2 alerts are being ignored. Incoming ports 135 and tftp are of course blocked at the firewall to prevent infection from the outside.

Alexander