[Snort-users] CyberKit 2.2 Ping, its driven me Nuts..

Erwin Van de Velde erwin.vandevelde at ...10361...
Mon Dec 29 09:22:06 EST 2003

Hi,

Commenting it out will make you bind for internal infections!!!
I don't think it is good to comment it out, just adapt it if you really want
to get rid of the alerts. Otherwise: filtering afterwards on alerts itself.
This way you will keep statistical information on virus activity, which can
be nice to show your boss :-)
It's also a good thing to keep an eye on general internet activity and
commenting all those nasty alerts out isn't the way to do that.

Greetings,
Erwin Van de Velde
Student of Antwerp University
Belgium