[Snort-users] Choosing Linux Platform for a Snort deployment

John Cunningham JCUNNING at ...10834...
Mon Dec 29 07:11:01 EST 2003

Hi,

I am having to decide on what Linux platform and version to deploy our
Snort IDS system on. We will have an ACID console and 4 or 5 sensors. Do
any of you have recommendations. I am most familiar with Redhat (what
version these days?) but can be flexible. I would appreciate any
feedback from the group. We plan on spanning ports, none of which should
push 100mb but one of the interfaces is gig link (overkill). Have
thought about Sourcefire appliances but cash may not be there. Let me
know you thoughts. Thanks much. JC