[Snort-users] heavily switched networks

Stewart Larsen slarsen42 at ...1457...
Wed Dec 24 07:26:04 EST 2003

Well, you tell me.  As a network admin in charge of security, should I
be worried about intra-network traffic?

Would I be better off running a host-based IDS like tripwire on the
servers I care about and only sniffing the uplink?

This is all theoretical, BTW.  But I'm researching for future
opportunities.

Stewart

--
Stewart Larsen