[Snort-users] [OT] broken autoresponder to list posts at ofcom.org.uk

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Tue Dec 23 08:18:01 EST 2003

At 11:01 AM 12/23/2003, do_not_reply at ...10811... wrote:
>Your e-mail has NOT been received by the receipient(s). The destination
>regulator has now moved to Ofcom's offices.

Gotta love how many sites can't figure out how to generate a useful
delivery status notification (DSN) for delivery failures...

The above mentioned site apparently has a MX record for one of the
subscribers of the list, but the DSN doesn't say what address caused the
failure.. How useless of them...

To those receiving these messages, might I suggest the following fix :)

# tail -n1 /etc/mail/access
do_not_reply at ...10811...       550 broken DSNs not accepted. Please
indicate actual failed recipient when generating a DSN.

Those of a more extreme mindset could just blockade their entire server,
which is:

ofcom-01.redcubehosting.net [80.249.110.103]