[Snort-users] Rules

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Tue Dec 23 07:29:01 EST 2003

At 08:34 AM 12/23/2003, Gerson Sampaio wrote:
>Hi List,
>I'd like to know the best way to update my rules.
>I'm using flexresp and don't want to rewrite them.

I'd suggest looking at oinkmaster.. it's a pretty handy rule-management
tool... at least a lot of people on the list like it a lot.

However, even oinkmaster isn't going to be able to auto-update the rules
you've edited to have flexresp's.. those rules you'll have to hand update..
but it can update the other rules in the same file...

http://oinkmaster.sourceforge.net/