[Snort-users] Tagged packets in logs

Grejda, Eric EGrejda at ...10102...
Tue Dec 23 05:46:03 EST 2003

I've been seeing those on our networks as well, only there hasn't been any
payload in those packets.  They were appearing on a Snort v2.0.5 setup using
the latest STABLE rule set which was logging to a MySQL database.  We
haven't been able to pin down what's causing them, either, and would love to
know what's going on.  My working theory has been that it's been a system
duplication application of some sort (we use a few of them around here)
pinging the server that stores its disk images but there's no hard data
backing that theory up.

--
Eric Grejda