[Snort-users] (no subject)

Kumar, Manoj kumarm at ...10805...
Mon Dec 22 11:02:02 EST 2003

Hi,
I am facing an issue with SNORT running for 3-4 days continuously and capturing lots of data (50MB/minute) . It stops responding after running for 3-4 days. I  have to kill this process and start a new one. I am capturing data in tcpdump format using -b option and logging the data in a file.I also keep sending a kill -1 command to the SNORT process after every 5 minutes so that it will start logging into a new file.
Has anyone faced such issue on their network? Would someone help me out?
Thanks in advance
Manoj