[Snort-users] Snort 2.0.6 is available!
jh at ...1935...
Thu Dec 18 10:32:48 EST 2003
Snort 2.0.6 is now available, this release includes the following
* 64-bit update for detection engine. (Thanks, Silio d'Angelo)
* Added better PPP decoding. (Thanks Jesper Peterson)
* Updated ip_proto optimization for high-speed detection engine.
* Fixed infinite loop problem that was introduced by the recursive
pattern matching patch. Reported by Lawrence Reed, thanks for
testing out the changes for us!
* Various changes to help respond (version 1) work a little better.
* spp_http_decode 64-bit patch from Dirk Mueller.
* Out-of-order ACK problem from Andrew Rucker. Also, updated stream4
to the most recent version from HEAD.
* Minor fixes to tagging related to 'src' and 'dst' directives
* When counting one byte patterns in 'ningroup' added a check for
* psLen==1 (wu-manber pattern matcher). Thanks Josh Sakofsky and
Dennis McGuire for helping us test this.
Please note that this is the last release of the 2.0 branch. We are
asking the everyone upgrade to 2.1.0 (to be released today) at their
The Snort Team.
More information about the Snort-users