[Snort-users] Weird stuff when compiling snort w/ MySQL support

Michael Chapman MChapman at ...10754...
Wed Dec 17 14:49:01 EST 2003

Hi there:

I know I've done this before successfully ... but I cannot for the life
of me figure out what is going wrong here.  Givens:  RH 9.0, all
appropriate patches/updates, MySQL distribution that comes with RH 9.0,
Snort 2.0.5 tarball.  MySQL is running fine - database and tables have
been created.  Snort will compile with the appropriate switches
successfully:

./configure -with-mysql=/usr -with-openssl -prefix=/usr/local/snort

And make/make install of course do not have problems.  Adding the
following lines to snort.conf:

output database: log, mysql, user=nickdanger password=***** dbname=snort
host=localhost

When attempting to fire up Snort, it complains that it hasn't been
compiled with MySQL support.  ???

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Michael Chapman