[Snort-users] Help!!!

Jim Brown jpb at ...10281...
Tue Dec 16 17:22:00 EST 2003

* Mario Guerendo <m.guerendo at ...5068...> [2003-12-13 14:16]:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I have a little project, I am trying to have a script/program that would
> collect data on attacks, Denial of Service attacks to be precise.  I would
> like to dump the data in an excel spreadsheet and create pie chart /bar
> graph.  Anyone wiling to help?  I am willing to pay a few bucks for this.
> Using ACID from snort isn't an option.

You'll need to be more precise with your requirements.  In general
though, parsing snort logs is not hard if you know regular
expressions, and are handy with either shell tools (awk, sort, uniq, etc.)
or perl.

Spend 20 minutes reading the man pages for the above utilities
and save yourself some cash :-).

If you are really stuck, drop me a note off list.

Best Regards,
jpb
===