[Snort-users] Remote Sensor??

Valter Santos vsantola at ...8570...
Tue Dec 16 10:45:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 18:22, kerberos K wrote:
> On the remote machine, I have installed Snort, configured it to run as a
> Win2k Service, edited my Snort.conf file, and used the existing MySQL
> database as the "ouput plugin". However, when I attempt to connect to the
> remote database, I get an error, saying
>
> " E♦Host '198.1.xxx.xxx' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL
> server
>
> Connection to host lost."

Hmmm... seams like the user you are using to connect to database have no
grants.

Try this as mysql root user on mysql server:

grant select, update, insert, delete on `<acid_db_name>`.* to

where
	<acid_db_name> is the database name of your acid db
	<username> is the mysql user you are using to connect to the
		   mysql server
	<hostname> is the hostname or ip addr of the remote sensor
	<password> is the password for <username>

hope this helps ;)

/valter

--

Valter Santos