[Snort-users] unknown preprocessor "http_inspect"

Ralf Spenneberg lists at ...9778...
Mon Dec 15 10:39:04 EST 2003

Am Mon, 2003-12-15 um 18.42 schrieb Dirk Sachse:
> I just installed snort 2.0.5 and I get the following error when I run
> it:
>
> ERROR:  unknown preprocessor "http_inspect"
> Fatal Error, Quitting..
Funny. I wonder where you got the http_inspect preprocessor. At least my
snort.conf (2.0.5) file does not mention it. Only the CVS version
mentions it yet.

You want to look for the lines (or similar):
preprocessor http_inspect: global \
    iis_unicode_map unicode.map 1252
preprocessor http_inspect_server: server default \
    profile all \
    ports {80 8080}

Remove those lines or get the CVS version of snort.

Cheers,

Ralf
--
Ralf Spenneberg