[Snort-users] ACID & MySQL (Sensor)

David Newsom dnewsom at ...10745...
Mon Dec 15 07:44:24 EST 2003

Anyone,

Trying to do the windows iis with MYSQL and Snort running, when I try to run
snort now by the command given in the instructions (snort –de –c
c:\snort\etc\snort.conf –l c:\snort\log –i1)  It starts up but then I get
this error

ERROR: database: mysql_error: Can't connect to MySQL server on '3306'
(10060) Fatal Error, Quitting..

Also, couple of questions:  What should ‘sensor_name’ be or what does it
represent?

Oh, on the IIS, for the Virtual Directory for Console, I have a icon “STOP
SIGN” represented.

Any help is must appreciated, or the right direction towards corrections.
Thanks

Here is a couple of lines before the error comes up.
database: compiled support for ( mysql odbc )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = snort
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = 127.0.0.1
database:          port = 3306
database:   sensor name = JeffersonLofts
database:     sensor id = 1
database: schema version = 106
database: using the "log" facility
database: compiled support for ( mysql odbc )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = snort
database: password is set
database: database name = snort
database:          host = 3306
database:   sensor name = JeffersonLofts
ERROR: database: mysql_error: Can't connect to MySQL server on '3306'
(10060) Fatal Error, Quitting..

David Newsom