[Snort-users] Looking for recommendations for distributed Snort GiGE Sensors (network architecture described in message)

Landon Stewart lstewart at ...10705...
Thu Dec 11 19:23:02 EST 2003

At 10:31 PM 12/10/2003, Val P wrote:

>occasions, but is usually around 10%). The server has 1GB of ram, and is
>logging to a SQL Server 2000. Running on FreeBSD 4.8. The average load (not
>during peak times) is about 0.75 - 1.25. Single processor configuration.

I wonder if I could monitor two GiGE pipes with one box and two GiGE NICs
with a single CPU 2.4GHz machine with a decent bus speed.

By the way, are you connected to a mirrored switch port on your sensor?