[Snort-users] Snort deamon mode packet drop's statistic

Dirk Geschke Dirk_Geschke at ...1344...
Thu Dec 11 08:25:05 EST 2003

Hmm,

> Are there any plans to merge FLoP with the snort project?

this is something I can't decide. But the needed modification
in snort are quite small.

But especially the statistics approach via unix socket is
not really portable or at least difficult to port to Windows
systems.

And I guess it should be tested on serveral different unix
plattforms before it should be official implemented in snort.

But maybe there are some better solutions out there still
waiting to be activated?

Best regards

Dirk