[Snort-users] Snort Sensor Hardware

Jason snort-users at ...2977...
Thu Dec 11 04:52:01 EST 2003

Depending on your budget, I would recommend the compact DL series, a DL320
or 360 are ideal for sensors, excelent hardware, that actually comes with
linux kernel drivers for all of their hardware (on a smartstart CD).
Although I would recomend a BSD variant, which appears to support all
compaq DL hardware.  I have 3 DL (1 DL360 and 2 DL320's) running as
sensors (slowly replacing the old P2 450's we had in place prior.  They do
make excellent sensors, however they can cost a small fortune.. I believe
the DL360 cost around $6k
They come stock with dual broadcom 1000/100/10 interfaces
Also the compaq Insight and ILO stuff makes managing the remote sensor a
breeze should you lose network connectivity, but I believe dell has
something similair.