[Snort-users] Snort 1.8.7 does not log anything (OS: SuSE 8.1)

Ralf Mellis ml at ...10718...
Thu Dec 11 01:31:01 EST 2003

Hello,

Michael Steele wrote:

 > Is there a specific reason why your using such an outdated Snort?

No. I'm a beginner with snort and I want to become somewhat familiar
with snort before trying to compile and install it by my self. The
version I use is the one coming with the OS as rpm package. In addition,
this is my first root server and before upgrading an OS on a server, to
which I have no physical access...I will wait some time .

Regards
Ralf from Germany