[Snort-users] Snort Sensor Hardware

Brian bmc at ...950...
Wed Dec 10 14:16:00 EST 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 01:21:01PM -0800, Michael Steele wrote:
> What.... Signatures are being held back so Sourcefires customers will
> have them first, weeks ahead of the rest of us! I don't think that's
> true, is it?

No, thats bullshit.  Rules are committed to CVS usually within minutes of
being released to Sourcefire customers.  Snort, snort rules, and rule
docs have always been treated with the utmost care and responsibility.

The only "delay" that can be seen is the slowness caused by sourceforge.
They have instituted a policy to keep anoncvs delayed by 24 hours.  If
you subscribe to snort-cvsinfo, then you can watch the commits to the
snort tree without too much of a delay.

Brian