[Snort-users] Snort Sensor Hardware

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Wed Dec 10 11:54:03 EST 2003

At 02:17 PM 12/10/2003, Jason Alexander wrote:
>Anyone have any recomendation on hardware.

If you want to do a "install it yourself", personaly I like the dell
rackmounts.. they aren't the most incredible box in the world, but they
work well, are inexpensive, and reasonably reliable. Excellent bang-for-the
buck factor without getting unstable garbage.

If you want something preconfigured, sourcefire would be my
recommendation.. (echoing Robert Shwartz).. they also have some nice extra
back-end correlation tools. You'd also be supporting Marty, and the other
Snort devels that work there.