[Snort-users] RE:[Snort-users] Remote Sensor??

wfz at ...7588... wfz at ...7588...
Fri Dec 5 11:29:15 EST 2003

K Kerberos:

Be sure that the MySQL database has an appropiate user with select and insert privileges for the new sensor.
Follow Michael Steele´s guide on adding a W2K remote sensor:

http://www.winsnort.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=13&page=1

-do it item by item, and you won´t fail, it´s quite a good reference-.

Good luck.

-- Mensaje Original --
Enviado por: kerberos K <kerberos_k at ...125...>
Fecha: 05/12/2003 18:22:33
Para: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Título: [Snort-users] Remote Sensor??

Hello all,

I have Snort 2.0.4 running on a single windows 2000 machine, with a local
MySQL database and using ACID to display the results. Everything is working
great. Now, I'm trying to add an additional sensor to my configuration.

On the remote machine, I have installed Snort, configured it to run as a
Win2k Service, edited my Snort.conf file, and used the existing MySQL
database as the "ouput plugin". However, when I attempt to connect to the
remote database, I get an error, saying

" E♦Host '198.1.xxx.xxx' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL
server

Connection to host lost."

On the remote machine running MySQL, I have ensured that the 'My.ini" file
"bind-address" is commented out, and I have checked the Snort /Service
/Install Parameters to ensure that they are correct...

Any suggestions?

TIA