[Snort-users] RE:RE: [Snort-users] FW:[Snort-users] RE: slashes in SQL statement a problem?

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Thu Dec 4 12:46:00 EST 2003

I'm not angry and we all learned something here.

Just to be productive here is an insert on to completely remove WinPcap from
a Win32 box.

1) Go into services and stop and disable the Snort service (if installed)
2) Uninstall WinPcap from the Add/Remove applet
3) Search ALL of C:\ drive for packet.dll and remove any if found
4) Reboot
5) Install the Release version of WinPcap
7) Reboot

This method guarantees the complete removal.

Normally you don't have to go to these extremes to remove WinPcap. Normally
you would use the uninstall WinPcap from the add/remove applet.

Cheers...

-The WINSNORT.com Management Team
 mailto:support at ...9077...
 Website: http://www.winsnort.com