[Snort-users] Log Rotation

Keaton, Lindamaria LKeaton at ...10093...
Thu Dec 4 12:43:02 EST 2003

Hello everyone. I'm trying to configure snort to rotate logs into a
specific directory either every night and then have snort restart it's
service. Right now I have a configuration setup that is sort of working
but it's not every night or when it reaches a certain limit.

/var/log/snort/alert {
        compress
        size=1k
        olddir /var/log/snort-backups
        mail networkadmin at ...10093...
        postrotate
                /sbin/killall -HUP snort
        endscript
}

Plus this configuration does not restart the service. I have to reboot
the server every morning to get snort running again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can configure this to work?

Lindamaria