[Snort-users] Snort on OpenBSD -- finding mysqlclient library

Jeff Nathan jeff at ...950...
Thu Dec 4 10:44:08 EST 2003

OpenBSD allows you to easily specify "extra" directories to search for
libraries when it builds the "run time library cache" (usually at boot
time).

To specify the extra directories, edit the /etc/rc.conf file and locate
the line that begins with shlib_dirs.

You can specify multiple directories by separating them with a space.
For example:

shlib_dirs="/usr/local/mysql /usr/local/pgsql"

Because this is interpreted as a shell script, you can also achieve the
same result by using this syntax:

shlib_dirs="/usr/local/{mysql,pgsql}"

I looked through the OpenBSD FAQ and I didn't come across a section
describing this.  However I did find it on one of their mailing lists.
(Their FAQ is a work in progress that's always improving).

Take a look at:

http://www.sigmasoft.com/~openbsd/archive/openbsd-misc/200103/
msg02106.html

- -Jeff