[Snort-users] mysql.sock not found

Shashank Bhide shashank at ...9016...
Thu Dec 4 09:18:05 EST 2003

I installed snort on RH9 and got it working fine. Then I added the
my.cnf file to  /etc with the socket=/var/lib/mysql.sock. I also
modified php.ini to point default_socket to /ver/lib/mysql/mysql.sock. I
restarted mysql and apache.
 However, when I try to restart snort, it seems as if it does start, but
in reality it fails to start. SO I executed the following command to
debug,
/usr/local/bin/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf  and I get an error that
says could not connect to /tmp/mysql.sock. Where else do I need to
change /tmp/mysql.sock in order to eliminate this error? The error is in
the adodb-mysql.inc.php
Any help is appreciated.
TIA
Shashank