[Snort-users] Snort on OpenBSD -- finding mysqlclient library

dlbox at ...5068... dlbox at ...5068...
Thu Dec 4 08:35:03 EST 2003

I know is may be slightly off-topic, but the OpenBSD people are NOT newbie friendly. First let me state, I am an OpenBSD newbie, but I've got a book and have been doing plenty of research online (newgroups, archived MLs)

I can get snort to complile and install just fine. However, snort cannot find libmysqlclient.so.12.0 on its own. I have to do this:

# ldconfig -m /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql

Then snort will run and log to mysql just fine.
My question is: "Is this normal behavior to expect, or am I missing something?"

Here is my setup:

OpenBSD 3.4 i386
MySQL 4.0.16 (./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --localstatedir=/var/mysql)
Snort 2.0.5 (./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql)

HW:
Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHz
1GB RAM
80B HD