[Snort-users] Makefile, line 484: Unexpected ...

Sebastian Juraszek juraszek at ...10680...
Wed Dec 3 08:42:30 EST 2003

Hi Everyone,

We may be overlooking something really simple here but we haven't
been able to find a solution yet, even on your FAQ. When we try to
make snort 2.0.5 on Solaris 8 (Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc) it
crashes out with:

:> make
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 484: Unexpected end
      of line seen

We have installed libpcap-0.7.2-sol8-sparc-local and
tcpdump-3.7.2-sol8-sparc-local and the configure script for snort
appears to run correctly.

If anyone can suggest a solution it would be much appreciated,
thanks S.Juraszek.

:> ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/physics/mysql
--with-libpcap-libraries=/usr/local/lib

checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of cc... none
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) no
checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of cc... (cached) none
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking for sparc alignment... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/sockio.h usability... yes
checking sys/sockio.h presence... yes
checking for sys/sockio.h... yes
checking paths.h usability... no
checking paths.h presence... no
checking for paths.h... no
checking for inet_ntoa in -lnsl... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... yes
checking whether printf must be declared... no
checking whether fprintf must be declared... no
checking whether syslog must be declared... no
checking whether puts must be declared... no
checking whether fputs must be declared... no
checking whether fputc must be declared... no
checking whether fopen must be declared... no
checking whether fclose must be declared... no
checking whether fwrite must be declared... no
checking whether fflush must be declared... no
checking whether getopt must be declared... no
checking whether bzero must be declared... yes
checking whether bcopy must be declared... yes
checking whether memset must be declared... no
checking whether strtol must be declared... no
checking whether strcasecmp must be declared... no
checking whether strncasecmp must be declared... no
checking whether strerror must be declared... no
checking whether perror must be declared... yes
checking whether socket must be declared... no
checking whether sendto must be declared... no
checking whether vsnprintf must be declared... yes
checking whether snprintf must be declared... yes
checking whether strtoul must be declared... no
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for strlcpy... yes
checking for strlcat... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for __FUNCTION__... no
checking for __func__... no
checking for floor in -lm... yes
checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... yes
checking for mysql... yes
checking for compress in -lz... yes
checking for u_int8_t... no
checking for u_int16_t... no
checking for u_int32_t... no
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating src/detection-plugins/Makefile
config.status: creating src/output-plugins/Makefile
config.status: creating src/preprocessors/Makefile
config.status: creating src/parser/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating contrib/Makefile
config.status: creating etc/Makefile
config.status: creating rules/Makefile
config.status: creating templates/Makefile
config.status: creating src/win32/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h