[Snort-users] MYSQL Error on Windows XP snort install

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Tue Dec 2 18:26:02 EST 2003

Watch cloning them unless you change SID. You'll run into problems if they
are on the same network.

Looks like some of this message went private so it looks very strange.

I'm taking it that you are logging from a Master sensor to a Slave sensor
all on the same network.

Did you follow the guide for a Master sensor on the WINSNORT.com site?

Did you follow the guide for a Slave sensor on the WINSNORT.com site?

What sanity checks have you preformed to make sure that connectivity is
there between the master and slave?

Do you have working slaves on the Master but one or more fails after a stock
installation?

Cheers...

-The WINSNORT.com Management Team
 mailto:support at ...9077...