[Snort-users] postgresql backend

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Tue Dec 2 13:45:03 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 15:10, Nicholas Bernstein wrote:
> I'm trying to compile snort with support for a mysql backend, but am
> having problems getting it to work. I've tried several different
> incarnations of the ./configure based on
> 	"./configure --with-postgresql --with-mysql"
> 	"./configure --with-postgresql=/usr/include/pgsql --with-mysql"
> 	"./configure --with-postgresql=/var/lib/pgsql --with-mysql"
>
> I looked through the user manual, went through google results, and
> searched the mailing list archives for '--with-postgresql'. I'm pretty
> sure that this is a fairly common setup and was hoping someone could
> point out what I'm doing wrong. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Uhm, are you indeed trying to use both databases? Postgres AND MySQL? If
you only need MySQL support, all you need is --with-mysql. Make sure you
have the MySQL client loaded on that box and the MySQL development files
(sources for the client, at the very least libs and headers) on the box
you compile this on. The production box only needs to have the
libraries, but you need to compile on a box that does have the header
files.

Regards,
Frank