[Snort-users] Slightly OT: high speed packet generation software

doug at ...10143... doug at ...10143...
Mon Dec 1 11:46:03 EST 2003

I'm curious to know what everyone else uses for high speed packet
generation. I'm not so much interested in single packets, but rather,
something that can generate a lot of traffic. Noise is irrelevant, as I'm
an looking to do IDS testing. I've looked a little at a few on freshmeat
(packETH, pacgen, http_load) but have no experience with any of them. By
high speed, I mean something that'll push 100Mb/s, and (hardware allowing)
1Gb/s

Ideally, it would be nice to have something that emulated sessions between
a couple of ip addresses, but I'll take a variety of packet generation.

--
Douglas J Nordwall	http://rex.nmhu.edu/~musashi
System Administrator	Pacific Northwest National Labs