[Snort-users] Xml Plugins

Neal Timm nealtimm at ...9090...
Thu Aug 28 07:16:13 EDT 2003

We are currently running snort 2.1 have upgraded from 2.0  we use the
xml plugin supplied by vigiliantminds.com  we have had a issue with it
crashing on 2.0 and 2.1 on a regular basis currently we are on  about a
8 meg isp pipe seeing about 20000 events a day.  We really need the xml
output from snort for our parsers.   I have tried to download the xml
patch from Cert also but when I compile snort with the libih and libair
options snort does not recognize it and  gives no xml plugin support.
Has anybody been able to get this to work at all.  Or does anyone know
of any other xml plugins that could be used with snort.
Any help is appreciated is this is a very big issue for our network.

Thanks,

Neal Timm
1400 Sleepytime Trl
Pflugerville, Tx 78660