[Snort-users] byte_jump

Martin Hofmeister mhofmeister at ...7039...
Tue Aug 26 18:22:06 EDT 2003

I'm not sure exactly how byte_jump works, but this is what I've gathered from the existing documentation on the feature:

-According to the specified offset, and bytes_to_convert, this command will grab these bytes, convert them to their numerical value, (let's call this value "x") and then skip x number of bytes before it 'looks' for the next pattern.

Am I warm?  I would appreciate your help on this issue.

Thanks,

-Martin Hofmeister