[Snort-users] SMS output plugin

Always Bishan bishan4u at ...1396...
Tue Aug 19 05:40:03 EDT 2003

Hi all,

There are very good output plugins in many commercial
IDS's like Manhunt by Symantec and Cisco's IDS. They
have output plugins which can do SMS, Paging, and some
other interactive alerting in real time.

Do we have some real time alerting mechanism for
snort, we have email alerting but again I have to
check my mails to see alerts. If we have any real time
alerting mechanism it will be really good for snort.

 Has anybody written any plugins for this?

or are they available anywhere?

if no then what are the plans for it being in snort in
future?

Regards,
Bishan