[Snort-users] SPAN port packet related

Faiz Ahmad Shuja faizshuja at ...5849...
Wed Aug 13 15:18:57 EDT 2003

A copy of all the traffic on port 0/11 and 0/12 will be sent on port
0/10 by switch. It will send "everything" coming on these ports.

Regards,
Faiz

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Ahmad
Masood Shah
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 12:48 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] SPAN port packet related

I'm using Catalyst 3500 to mirror traffic for port 0/11 0/12. SPAN port
is 0/10. my 0/11 port data is upto 1 Mbps. My question is that when
switch will send packet information to my IDS via SPAN port  it will
redirect all traffic or it will send simple packet header to IDS sensor.

--

Best Regs,
Masood Ahmad Shah