[Snort-users] Ruleupdate

Ralf Spenneberg lists at ...9778...
Wed Aug 6 04:14:04 EDT 2003

Am Mit, 2003-08-06 um 12.24 schrieb Ravi:
> Dear Ralf,
> Can you suggest what should we change in snort to take rules dynamically
> with out stopping and restarting snort.
> Did anyone tried this?
I do not think this is possible, since Snort parses the rules and builds
it detection-engine on the fly. (At least that's how I understand it.)
What you could do, is generate a cronjob which checks the modification
dates of the rule-files and HUPs snort when needed.
But I guess you lose all state information.

Cheers,

Ralf
--
Ralf Spenneberg