[Snort-users] regex support problem

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Tue Apr 29 18:53:03 EDT 2003

At 04:09 AM 4/30/2003 +0300, Derya Sezen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I tried to make a rule using regex option but snort gave me the error:
>
>Sorry, regex isn't supported at this time. This isn't new.Fatal Error,
>Quitting..
>
>Any idea?!!?

Um, isn't this question self-answering?

Just like the error message says... regex isn't supported (yet).. they were
originaly trying to get it into 2.0, but didn't get it done in time, so you
can't (yet) create rules using regexes. Look for it in a future release
(maybe).

 From the Changelog:

          - actually die on a regex option
            ( might actually get it developed later )