[Snort-users] Installing Snort2.0 w/ MySQL support

snort snort at ...9071...
Tue Apr 29 17:42:13 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to install snort-2.0.0 with mysql support.  After installing mysql I try to install snort with mysql support but the output of configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/lib/mysql is: "checking for mysql... no".  Here is my install procedure starting with mysql:

mysql-3.23.56 - installs without any problems

./configure --without-server
make && make install

snort-2.0.0

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/lib/mysql

checking for mysql... no

I believe the necessary mysql client library files have been installed to /usr/local/lib/mysql - they are: libmysqlclient.a, libmysqlclient.la, and libmysqlclient.so.10.0 .  The OS is OpenBSD 3.2.  Does anyone see where I'm going wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John