[Snort-users] porno rules [OT]

bmcdowell at ...7861... bmcdowell at ...7861...
Tue Apr 29 14:05:25 EDT 2003

How many other lists in the world have e-mails with subjects like 'porno rules'?  Next it'll be 'long live porno'!

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Bryan
Irvine
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 2:49 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] porno rules

I'm having problems with my porn.rules

I'm trying to test it out, but no matter what I type in google for my
search criteria it always comes back the same.
alt.binaries.pictures.erotica

even if I type in "nude cheerleader"  I've even tried commenting out
that lines but then I don't get any reports whatsoever.

I just upgraded it to version 2 thinking maybe that was the problem.

and after commenting out the "preprocessor asn1_decode" line i didn't
get any errors and it's running and sniffing but still didn't work.

Any ideas?

--Bryan