[Snort-users] Setting up snort to syslog diffrent priority's

Jason A. Kates jason at ...9065...
Tue Apr 29 05:20:35 EDT 2003

What I am looking to do is to have snort do remote logging via syslog.

Currently all of the syslog messages received from my snort
installation are being logged with a syslog level of info.

I would like to map the snort Priorities to syslog levels and I don't
seem to see how to do it.

I would like to be able to setup a mapping such as:
snort priority: 1  to syslog level err
snort priority: 2  to syslog level warning
snort priority: 3  to syslog level notice

If my configurations or startup script would be of any use please let me
know.
			Thanks -Jason

Jason A. Kates (jason at ...9065...)
Fax:    208-975-1514