[Snort-users] Alert.ids log file not being created

Michael Steele mes at ...9057...
Mon Apr 28 22:55:15 EDT 2003

Why is it that I have no alert.ids file being created?

output database: alert, mysql, user=user password=pass dbname=snort
host=127.0.0.1 port=3306 sensor_name=my_ids

snort -o -c c:\ids\snort\etc\snort.conf -l c:\IDS\snort\log

All I receive in my \log folder are folders with IP address and
individualized .ids files in each folder. I was sure Snort used to create a
\log\alert.ids file. I would Just as soon only have the alert.ids file only.

Running snort 2.01 b76

Thank you...

Mike