[Snort-users] Net_SSLeay updated Makefile.PL for RH9

David T Hollis dhollis at ...8839...
Mon Apr 28 13:13:02 EDT 2003

David Powell wrote:

>Does anyone have an updated Makefile.PL for RH9?
>

>I'm trying to find out what modifications I need to make to the file to get
>Net_SSLeay to work with the same compiler that OpenSSL in RH 9 is using.
>Trying to get Sensors to make SSL connections to Console for security
>purposes.
>

>Dave Powell - Network Analyst
>
>Infrastructure 310-258-7140
>
>Herbalife IT Department

The openssl in RH9 is 0.9.7 and is built with Kerberos support.  If you
add `pkg-config --cflags openssl` to your CFLAGS, your package should
build with no problem.  Alternatively, there is a define you can set
(OPENSSL_NO_KRB5) so that the openssl headers (ssl.h) will not try to
include the Kerberos headers (disabling any kerberos support).