[Snort-users] No memory error

Sutton, Andrew andrew.sutton at ...3135...
Mon Apr 28 12:34:19 EDT 2003

ulimit was set to physical ram on the box, but I set it to "unlimited"
anyway just to see. :-)

Memory fault (core dumped)

-----Original Message-----
From: SRH-Lists [mailto:giermo at ...8381...]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 2:42 PM
To: 'Sutton, Andrew'; 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] No memory error

short answer:  ulimit
long answer:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=4396047

> Anyone seen this before?  I've swapped out memory,
> reinstalled it, and it
> still bombs after about a minute or so.  It works when using
> the "config
> detection: search-method lowmem" in the config file.  I have the same
> package (other than a couple rules turned off) running on
> another box with
> no problems.

*** This message originates from COCC, Inc.

If the reader of this message, regardless of the address or routing, is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and any review; use, distribution, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please delete this e-mail and all files transmitted with it from your system and immediately notify COCC, Inc. by sending reply e-mail to the sender of this message.

Thank you. ***