[Snort-users] postgres schema error

Martin A. Brooks martin at ...9044...
Mon Apr 28 09:39:06 EDT 2003

Hi

I've been attempting to install snort on a Debian system and have it log to
postgres.  I had a look at the schema before creating the tables and I
noticed this:

CREATE TABLE schema ( vseq        INT4     NOT NULL,
                       ctime       DATETIME NOT NULL,
                       PRIMARY KEY (vseq));

Postgres 7.3.2 does not have a DATETIME data type, I believe it uses
"timestamp" instead. So a simple :%s/DATETIME/TIMESTAMP/g cosmetically
fixes the problem.

Would anyone care to confirm/deny this is the case?

Regards

Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/