[Snort-users] Need Help Installing snort on OpenBSD

Andy Sutton exile at ...9039...
Mon Apr 28 04:23:05 EDT 2003

/usr/local/libexec/locate.updatedb

locate snort

Hint: should be in /usr/local/bin, but you need to be root to do both of
the above.  I recommend using sudo.  Poke around in the man pages, as
OpenBSD's are pretty good.

I would highly recommend using the ports tree:

http://www.openbsd.org/ports.html

Even more highly recommended:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/index.html