[Snort-users] setting up a mirroring port at switch

smitha rao meetsmithahv at ...131...
Sat Apr 26 03:37:07 EDT 2003

hi all,
I am testing snort in a machine which is connected to
a star topology LAN.My m/c is an end m/c ,to which all
the network traffic will not be redirected...I want my
snort to test all the traffic.I dont want to test it
on firewall m/c as it'll be similar as my nsort is
running outside the firewall..resulting in unwanted
alerts..
I wanted to setup a mirroring port..How to set it up?
so that all traffic comes to my m/c..Do anybody have a
procedure to setup mirroring port at the switch level.
 plz help me..
                  thank you